Back pain is a horrible sensation to feel and it can refer to any part of the back. Medically speaking, back pain can refer to different areas of the back and is split into four major sections. These sections include: lumbar, thoracic, cervical and sacral spine. The cervical begins at the top of the neck and ends at the shoulder. Thoracic pain is the middle of the back and lumbar is the lower back. The tailbone, also called sacral is the lowest part of the back. There are a number of different reasons why one may be experiencing back pain. A natural way to reduce back pain is by using essential oils. The use of over-the-counter medication or prescribed medication can be harmful to the body overtime. The use of essential oils can give the body that extra boost it needs.
Reasons For Back Pain
There are plenty of reasons that one may experience back pain. Here are some of the causes of back pain.
- Back injury
- Weight gain
- Autoimmune diseases
- Spinal diseases
- Herniated disk
- Poor posture
These are not all the causes of back pain but these are certainly some of the most common. Back pain can be categorized as chronic or acute. Chronic back pain usually lasts for more than 12 weeks and a heavy dose of medication can accompany chronic back pain. By using essential oils to relieve back pain would be ideal. Take a look at the best essential oils for back pain.
- Lavender- Lavender is one of the oldest oils and has been a natural use of stress and pain relief for many years. Have you ever noticed how many lavender scented oils, candles, scrubs and other items are sold in today’s market? This type of essential oil contains properties that are anti-inflammatory that can be used for back pain relief.
- Eucalyptus- One of the best ways to reduce a sore throat is by drinking tea with a dash of eucalyptus honey. However, this essential oil not only helps heal sore throats but also reduces swelling and pain. Just like lavender, this amazing oil allows the body and muscles to relax because of the warm and cool effects of this anti-inflammatory oil.
- Thyme- This may be an essential spice to keep on hand in the kitchen, but it is also an essential oil to help relieve pain. Thyme is usually one of the main ingredients uses in oil blends to help reduce pain. These therapeutic oils have analgesic components that make it essential for pain relief.
- Wintergreen. What better product to use than that which is used in aspirin. Wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate, which is a major component that helps relieve pain and acts like a cortisone. Dab a couple of drops of wintergreen essential oil onto your back and you should feel better in no time.
Essential Oil Blends
Here are some of the best essential oil blends that can be applied to back to relieve any pain.
- Blend 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of peppermint oil and 3 drops of eucalyptus oil. Once all three oils are evenly blended, apply this to the affected area at least twice a day.
- Blend 5 drops of thyme oil, 3 drops of lavender oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this essential oil blend to your back to a quick and natural way to relieve pain.
- Managing back pain can be difficult depending on the type of back pain, type of injury and/or illness. If there is no impending illness or chronic back pain, here is a list of ways to prevent back pain.
- Wear the proper shoes. There should be no reason you should be running in a pair of heels or jogging in ballerina flats. Wearing the proper footwear is important because it can help keep your posture in the right position and avoid leg and back pain.
- Exercise. While some people may people exercise is only for people who want to lose weight, they are wrong. Exercise is an important part of daily life and is helps promote strong bones and relieve muscle pain.
- Get plenty of rest. It may not be ideal to sleep or lay on the bed for extended periods of time but getting enough rest is essential. Your body needs time to rest for the day’s activities and getting a good night’s sleep is necessary for good health and for the back.